17.6.07

48

Happy Father's Day and hello to my Dad, Phil. Your presence has not escaped my mind on this day. Thank you for loving me as your own. God's goodness is evident in your affirming kindness and generosity. I owe so much to you, even in the short time that you have been in our home.

It is strange to experience Father's Day in India... I'm not sure why. Actually, it's a strange day.

We visited the Hari Krishna temple. It was peculiar and oppressive. I doubt this is making any sense. I sat amongst the worshippers while they listened to a guru and I felt the immense gravity of what was taking place around me. I'm not sure I can unpack my experience quite yet.

Cara, Joe and I ventured to "The Big Chill", a restaurant that provides an American escape. It was really nice to share our thoughts as we prepare to return home and reminisce about our memories. It is a blessing to find real friends in your teammates.

My day was uneventful for the most part and I apologize for the lack of updates. Perhaps I will write more upon my return, as I begin to process everything I've seen, heard, touched, tasted, and smelled... especially smelled.

It has been a great experience, I cannot emphasize that enough.

No comments: